Saturday, February 6, 2010

How Do I Keep Waking Up Every Morning?

How do I keep waking up every morning? Every single day I lay in bed and wonder why I keep getting up. At the end of the school day I wonder why I keep going to practice. I work hard every single day at practice and you know what my reward is? My reward = ANOTHER loss. Sure sounds like a good reward huh?.... NOT!!!! There are a few girls on our team that bust their butts all of the time. We run up and down the court at practice and in the games. We have the heart to keep playing and not give up no matter what the score is. I've learned to not even look at the scoreboard anymore because all it really is, is a bunch of numbers. But then you get to thinking about it and those numbers determine the outcome of the game. What are we supposed to do now? Keep pushing ourselves to the limit and get nothing out of it? I don't know about the other girls on my team but I am really tough on myself. Whether it is in practice or in the game, on the weekends or if I have any free time, I'm shooting. I'm always looking for ways to get better. I just wish everyone would want to do everything they could to make themselves a better player.

Now back to my question... Why do I keep getting up every morning and going to practice??? I think the answer is self motivation. I strive to be the best at everything I can be. I know there is no "I" in team but I feel like if I do my part and I give it my all then I can't get down on myself. I know I'll be disappointed with another loss but I can't help it sometimes.

"No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
~William Blake~

1 comment:

  1. I think the best comes from being able to say deep inside that I did all that I could - to the best of my ability at the time and with the time and talent I had.

    ReplyDelete